SELECTION CRITERIA FOR YOUR Dossier:
- A cover page, including membership status to address eligibility. The cover page should include the following information:
- Name, title, professional address, telephone number, e-mail address of the nominator;
- Name, title, professional address, telephone number, e-mail address of the nominee;
- A list of the awards for which the nominee is being nominated; and
- Cover letter addressed to the Chair of the Teacher Recognition Committee which provides details of your active membership in NACTA and your teaching appointment of 25% or greater for the past 5 years.
- A statement of the nominee's teaching philosophy, not to exceed five typewritten (double-spaced) pages.
- A summary of student evaluations of teaching for the most recent five years, plus letters of support from 2-3 current or recent former students. Students should complete the Teacher Evaluation forms on the NACTA Awards main page.
- A completed Teacher - Administrative Officer form from an administrator directly related to the nominee's teaching activities. Please see the NACTA Awards main page.
- A completed Teacher - Peer form from a faculty peer. Please see the NACTA Awards main page.
- A self-evaluation of nominee's teaching activities to include the following sections:
- availability to students
- ability to attract and motivate students
- use of current, innovative and effective teaching methods
- current in subject matter, including relevance to agricultural, environmental, natural and life sciences
- scholarly activities related to teaching
- participation in departmental, institutional and profession affairs
- outreach and engagement related to teaching
- student related activities (e.g., student recruitment, Club Advisor, etc.)
- Nominee's resume/vita, limited to 4-pages total.
Deadline for all nomination materials is 11:59 PM on February 1st. via the website.
First impressions do count. Attention to neatness of organization, format, and presentation of dossiers can make a difference.
New instructions: Submit all award nominations online at http://nactaawards.expressacademic.org/login.php
For each nominee, upload one single PDF file that includes all nomination materials (all documents, letters of support, teaching evaluations and other relevant documents) at the website by 11:59 PM on February 1st.
We will only accept one PDF file for each nomination, and the website will not combine your materials into one file if you upload multiple files for each nominee. Evaluations of all nominees will be conducted through the website and neither the Teacher Recognition Committee nor the evaluators will be able to put multiple files together for one nominee.
Deadline: Nomination materials for all awards (except Distinguished Educator and Teaching Award of Merit) must be uploaded at the website by February 1st.
Updated December 21, 2015