The Honor Society of Delta Tau Alpha (DTA) promotes and recognizes scholarship and leadership accomplishments of agricultural students while emphasizing character development, enhancing undergraduate preparation for professional positions, and joining with other agricultural student’s organizations in the promotion of agriculture.
The purposes of DTA are to:
2) To encourage and foster high ethical standards of agriculture and professional positions held by agricultural students.
3) To band together a group of outstanding students who by scholastic accomplishment, service, and upholding high character standards have been recognized for these traits and are capable of recognizing these traits in others.
4) To promote the profession of agriculture.
5) To render service and to cooperate with the student bodies and the agricultural divisions of the respective institutions.
DTA offers the following benefits to its members:
2) initiation at a ceremony and reception/banquet held on their campus.
3) a personalized membership certificate.
4) access to a web-based newsletter “The Achiever” informing members of activities at the
national and club levels.
5) an opportunity to attend the annual national convention held on the campus of DTA chapters. A one-time initiation fee of $25 makes a student a life-time member at the national level.
**Details about membership may be found in The Delta Tau Alpha "Constitution and By Laws" under the Information tab.