Share your Agricultural Education Best Practices with the World!
Who can submit?
- Share with a large, new population that agricultural education is alive and well in the United States
- Showcase best practices for agricultural education to inspire fellow professionals engaged in agricultural education around the world
- Selected bloggers who successful complete by deadline will receive a $500 honorarium.
How can I get involved?
- See the suggested blog topics on the next page and select 1-2 that are of interest to you.
Example Possible Blog Topics (*Other specific ideas are welcome!)
- Selecting youth leaders: utilizing a nominating committee to capture community input
- Training and developing youth leaders: creating individual development plans
- Designing a program of activities for a youth organization
- Committees: how to make them work in a youth organization
- Using the youth organization to meet both curriculum and community needs: service learning
- Utilizing fundraising to meet curricula needs and develop financial literacy
- Supervising the placement of agricultural job interns
- The on-farm/site visit of agriculture production student projects??
- Supporting youth agricultural entrepreneurial efforts
- Utilizing an agriscience research project to explore student interests
- Hosting a year-end community celebration – the banquet
- Designing competitive events to encourage agricultural skill development
- Providing awards for outstanding student record keeping and projects
- Creating an ag career celebration day
- Community agricultural fairs and expositions
- The power of public speaking about agriculture
- Teaching basic recordkeeping in agriculture
- Teaching basic rules of order for successful meetings
- Using on-site agriculture facilities for successful learning experiences
- Using authentic problems in classroom instruction